“Before you can do what you want,
You must know what you do.”
A therapist shared this quote with me many years ago, from a psychologist I am unable to find online today to attribute the statement to. Such wisdom here. As I contemplate the principle of Acceptance this month in pursuit of a larger quest for understanding how to manifest and sustain true happiness, I have realized so far that one of the things I do that limits happiness is to accept things as they are, for the most part, but without clearly expressing what I am READY to accept; that is, how much more abundance I am ready to allow in order to open my heart and consciousness with a greater capacity. At the same time, I am also realizing this month how we may also need to be clear about what we are NOT willing or able to accept, either in ourselves or our outer world of relations and life conditions.
What am I / are you READY to accept? I invite you to compose a list of positive affirmations (one or more actually) of the form:
I am READY TO ACCEPT ____________.
For example, I will share a small portion from my own list.
I am READY TO ACCEPT:
- Full responsibility for my own choices.
- A greater appreciation of Beauty, daily.
- The freedom to establish and define boundaries.
- The ability to communicate honestly.
- The capacity to realize my creative and spiritual goals.
- The time needed for stepping up.
- Abundance from all endeavors.
- Greater joy and gratitude in the Moment.
- Daily progress toward Fulfillment: health, wealth, wisdom, happiness
- humility, purity, vision
images are from pixabay.com