Most of us humans on Earth are fairly strained by now from having to endure a longer global pandemic than many of us would have expected to have to abide. One year, maybe, even 18 months or so of masking, getting vaccinated and social distancing we might believe should have ‘done the trick’ by now; but no, the universe has yet more in store for us in what is becoming the Covid Era. So, in the spirit of applying the principle of Better Endings (BTW the book is under contract now, undergoing a final edit!), can we focus on what we may actually be grateful for, or how enduring a pandemic could actually help those of us who survive this ordeal to progress in our lives, anyhow?
I invite you to write (journal about or discuss with others) a list of life lessons or positive ‘side effects’ you can take forward from your encounter with your own Covid-era conditions. I will try my hand (or heart) at this, too:
What I can be grateful for during the Covid Era:
- More time at home with my beloved pets, Sophie and Emily;
- Fewer colds due to masking and much more regular use of vitamins and supplements, especially zinc, C, D3, My Community mushroom supplements, multivitamins, and CoQ10;
- More time for focussing on writing (two book manuscripts now in process of approaching publication and several more ‘in the hopper’);
- Deep dreaming, journaling and contemplations in the quiet space of home;
- More reading time (book discussions with my good friend Jan about the holographic universe (e.g.), and a local book club now available via Zoom);
- Zoom events (although, while not having to mask is nice and being able to connect with folks remotely from anywhere in the world is wonderful, I do miss face to face eye contact—gotta say!)
- Long telephone conversations with family and friends;
- Good times spent at my home and theirs with close friends, all of us boosted!
Better Endings Story Seed:
Lessons from the Pandemic
Can you ride with this theme? What can you be grateful for despite or due to your own pandemic conditions? Journal about how you are enduring the Covid Era in your Better Endings Journal (any loose-leaf journal; or share in discussion with a loved one). Feel free to comment at this site, too!