Today’s installment will be brief. I just realized that in order to have our Better Endings Story of the Week publish on a Sunday, I mighta should have launched the blog on a Monday! So I will slow down a bit from now til Tuesday to let you and newcomers get up to speed with the layout presented in yesterday’s “launch” post: Welcome to a Year of Better Endings! All I will do for today and tomorrow is to offer a list of some possible topics for our Rewrite History week. Here are some possibilities:
- The Supreme Court awards Al Gore the presidency, 2000.
- Amelia Earhart lands in Hawaii after a two hour delay.
- Columbus is murdered by a mutinous crew; America remains aboriginal.
- In early 1900’s, the People vote for mass transit (street cars) over individual automobiles.
- December 21, 2012: Asteroid on a collision course with Earth!
- DNA experiment clones T. Rex at Denver Museum of Science and History
- JFK evades bullet
- RFK survives assassination attempt; is elected President, 1968
- John Lennon heeds warning, avoids attack December 8, 1980
- Earth’s polarity shifts, 2016
- Hilary wins DNC nomination and presidency, 2008
- Fossil fuels are globally banned at 2015 Global Sustainability Summit
So, here are some writing prompts, or of course choose your own! We have a couple of extra days this week, so please let me know you are out there! You can post your COMMENTS below, perhaps with some of your own historical rewrite suggestions, or with your welcome insights, or go ahead and submit your stories and guest blog entries. So, set a date on your Time Machine and we’ll see you when/where you land!
- Amelia Earhart Plans Transcontinental Flight – Really (mashable.com)
- Underwater search for Amelia Earhart’s plane will resume in 2014 (nbcnews.com)